Taking a screenshot using windows 10
You may use the Snipping tool that comes built into Windows 10
- Navigate to start, Type in Snipping tool, Click on New, This will let you make a square on your screen to only capture pertinent information. Release your click and a box of your new snip will appear, click on File, Save As, and decide the name of the file and where to save it.
You may use the “PrtScrn” button also
- To do this, hit the “PrtScrn” key; you won’t see anything happen but it will save your entire screen to the Windows Clipboard. Use Alt + PrtScrn to only capture the active window.
- The easiest way to save it is to navigate to Start and type in paint and select the “Paint” program. After it opens you can use the paste button in the top left corner to paste your screenshot. Click on File, Save As, and decide the name of the file and where to save it. PNG or JPEG will be the usual format you would use.
Taking a screenshot using standard Linux OS’s
Use the “PrtScrn” button
- To do this, hit the “PrtScrn” key while inside Linux, then open your file manager and select the pictures folder. Your screenshot should be within.
Taking a screenshot using your cellular phone
All mobile screenshots taken will appear in your gallery/photos. If you do not have one of these phones, it could still be the same as the Samsung steps but consult your manual for more details.
- On an iPhone 8 or earlier, press and hold the power button.
- Immediately click the Home button, then release both buttons.
- In iOS 11, a thumbnail of your screenshot appears in the lower-left corner of your device.
- On iPhone X press the Side button and the Volume Up button at the same time.
- Simultaneously press the power button and the home button
Uploading Your Picture
Uploading your file using a computer
- You may sign in or create an account if you like but it’s not necessary.
- Navigate to the top of the website, click New Post, click Upload Images.
- Click on Browse, locate your picture and double click on it.
- The picture will be uploaded and on the right, you will see a link.
- Copy the link to share with anyone.
Uploading your file using the Imgur mobile application
- Sign in or create an account.
- Navigate to the bottom of the app, click the Camera Icon.
- Locate your picture and select it or take a new one, then hit Next.
- The app will ask you for a title and description, these are optional if you mark it as Hidden.
- (It’s better to mark as hidden so only those people with the link can view it.)
- Click on Upload
- Click Share to share with anyone.