Greetings! If you are having issues with an unknown window popping up every hour or so, yet you dont know what this is, you’ve come to the right place.
The symptoms are as follows. Every hour a small black screen will open itself and disappear within a second again. This will cause fullscreen programs such as games or youtube fullscreen video’s to lose focus.
To solve this issue, you have to take the following steps in order:
- Hit the key combination windows+R
- Enter in the following without quotes: “Taskschd.msc”
- Expand the following folders on the left hand side in order:
- Task Scheduler Library
- Click on the folder Office
- In this folder you should be able to see “OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration” on the middle of the screen
- Right click “OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration” and click on Disable
Your problem should now be solved! If this has not resolved your issue, please make a post on /r/TechSupport